Hearing Loss in Children
Normal hearing is critical in the acquisition of language and speech skills in a developing child. A hearing loss will also impact on cognitive and psychosocial development.
Early detection of a hearing loss is critical in taking remedial action in either treating and correcting the hearing problem or providing amplification through hearing aids where the hearing loss is permanent and untreatable. In cases of very severe hearing loss the child may be fitted with a cochlear implant.
We are registered with the Victorian Infant Screening Hearing Program (VISHP) and perform diagnostic audiological / electrophysiological hearing function tests on babies who have failed their hospital hearing screening test.
At Hearlink we are equipped to assess hearing function from newborn. Our qualified audiologists will perform a variety of age appropriate hearing function tests including objective electrophysiological tests. We have state of the art equipment and promise above all, accuracy in the correct diagnosis of hearing impairment.
navigate to: Newborn Toddler School Age
Paediatric Audiology Services
Private Audiology Services- Locations Listed Below
Public (free) Audiology Services Including Medicare (gap payment)
Available at Melton Health: click here - 195-209 Barries Road, Melton Health, MELTON WEST, 3337
Tel: 03 93262231 - Private Services for children of all ages
- George Themistoklis
- Yen Ho
- Anna Ly
- Michelle Loeliger
- Katherine Ververis
- Angela Dam
- Miranda Batsakis
3/19 Norwood Crescent, MOONEE PONDS, 3039, tel: 9326 2231
Other locations for Private only Audiology Services
- Level 1,13 - 15 Lake Street, CAROLINE SPRINGS, 3023, tel: 9326 2231
- MD Clinic, 2/22 Victoria Crescent, ST ALBANS, 3021, tel: 9326 2231
- Sunbury Private Hospital, Cnr. Riddell Rd & Spavin Ave., SUNBURY, 3429, tel: 9326 2231
- Glenroy Road Clinic,182 Glenroy Road, GLENROY, 3046, tel: 9326 2231
- 150 Glengala Road, Sunshine West, 3020, tel: 9326 2232
- 2 Lorne Street, LALOR, 3075, tel: 9326 2231
- Eastbrooke Medical Centre, 493 Keilor Road, NIDDRIE, 3042
- Kardinia Health, 2 - 18 Colac Road, BELMONT (Geelong), 3216, tel: 5241 6400
Medicare Rebates when private audiology services are rendered
In cases where there is a written referral from either an ENT (Ear, nose and throat) specialist or a Neurologist, a medicare rebate will apply on some of the services.