Hearing Loss in Children
Early detection of hearing loss in children is critical in taking remedial action in either treating and correcting the hearing problem or providing amplification through hearing aids where the hearing loss is permanent and untreatable. In cases of very severe hearing loss the child may be fitted with a cochlear implant.
Normal hearing is critical in the acquisition of language and speech skills in a developing child. Hearing loss will also impact on cognitive and psychosocial development.
Heading Loss in Newborns and Infants
At Hearlink, we are equipped to assess the hearing function of newborn babies. Our qualified audiologists will perform a variety of age appropriate hearing tests including objective electrophysiological tests. We have state of the art equipment and promise accuracy in the diagnosis of hearing impairment.
We are registered with the Victorian Infant Screening Hearing Program (VISHP) and perform diagnostic audiological / electrophysiological hearing function tests on babies who have failed their hospital hearing screening test.
For further information in relation to hearing loss in children, please contact us today.
Age-Group Specialised Information
Paediatric Audiology Services
Public (Free) Audiology Services Including Medicare (gap payment)
Website: Click here
Address: 195-209 Barries Road, Melton West VIC 3337
Tel: 03 93262231
Private Services for children of all ages
- George Themistoklis
- Yen Ho
- Anna Ly
- Michelle Loeliger
- Katherine Ververis
- Angela Dam
- Miranda Batsakis
Central Hearlink Office
Address: 3/19 Norwood Crescent, MOONEE PONDS, 3039, tel: 9326 2231
Private Audiology Services
Other locations for private only audiology services
- Level 1,13 - 15 Lake Street, CAROLINE SPRINGS, 3023, tel: 9326 2231
- MD Clinic, 2/22 Victoria Crescent, ST ALBANS, 3021, tel: 9326 2231
- Sunbury Private Hospital, Cnr. Riddell Rd & Spavin Ave., SUNBURY, 3429, tel: 9326 2231
- Glenroy Road Clinic,182 Glenroy Road, GLENROY, 3046, tel: 9326 2231
- 150 Glengala Road, Sunshine West, 3020, tel: 9326 2232
- 2 Lorne Street, LALOR, 3075, tel: 9326 2231
- Eastbrooke Medical Centre, 493 Keilor Road, NIDDRIE, 3042
- Kardinia Health, 2 - 18 Colac Road, BELMONT (Geelong), 3216, tel: 5241 6400
Medicare Rebates when private audiology services are rendered:
In cases where there is a written referral from either an ENT (ear, nose and throat) specialist or a Neurologist for hearing loss in children, a Medicare rebate will apply on some of the services.